A rivalry with a splash: SHS vs. Perry Meridian

Brandon Baker

Junior Collin Harris swims the Butterfly stroke during a practice. Harris is a part of the boys relay team that is placing high in meets this year.

Michael Crook, Reporter

Tonight,  the 2-4 SHS boys swimming team will face the rival Perry Meridian Falcons at SHS at 5:30 p.m.

“We are currently more focused on the sectionals tournament coming up, but yeah, I think we can take Perry Meridian head on,” boys head coach Matt Jefferies said.

Jeffries was actually a graduate at Perry Meridian, where he set four swim records, two of which still stand, and they won two state titles. After high school though, he moved on and went on to Ohio State University. He was a four year varsity swimmer at OSU in the breast stroke and was always highly ranked.

The boys swim team has a relay team that is quick off the jump, and good individual swimmers in breaststroke and backstroke.

SHS’s boys swim team is ready to rumble and are going to go all out against the school’s biggest rival according to multiple swimmers. The swimmers are positive that they have a chance to overtake the Falcons and to get their third win of the year.

So come out and support the Cardinals tonight as they take on rival school, the Perry Meridian Falcons.