Lady Cards Dominate Northwest, then share dinner with them

Freshman Lexie Green takes the ball up the court against Northwest on Nov. 22.

Michael Long, Reporter

86-35. 89-24. These are scores of games in the past that SHS girls varsity basketball has played against Indianapolis Northwest. This year was no different as the Lady Cards dominated Indianapolis Northwest with a final score of 83-17. SHS shot eight three pointers to Indianapolis  Northwest’s zero and went 15 for 22 from the foul line.

The tone for the game was set in the first quarter when SHS outscored Indianapolis Northwest 25-2, and from there SHS never looked back. Scoring for SHS was spread across the board. Emma DeHart lead in scoring with 16 points and Jaelencia Williams closely trailed with 14.

Other top scorers include Andrea Vidaurre with 9, Lexie Green with 10, Kenzie Ross with 10 and Lindsay Freije with 8..

SHS is not unfamiliar to blowing out Indianapolis Northwest and the Lady Cards weren’t expecting anything different this round according to junior Grace Branson.

“We like to treat this almost like a practice so we can get better and really run our plays and work on our defense,” Branson said.

When the final buzzer went off, both teams put their competitive natures aside and met in the Cardinal’s Nest where some Thanksgiving action went down. The Lady Cards hosted a feast and were accompanied by the entire Indianapolis Northwest team.

“We asked the Northwest kids if they could stay around because we’ve got plenty to share,” head coach Bart Collins said. “When the game is over we’re all on the same team right?”