the Journal REWIRED

Andrew Tapp
  Hello. My name is Andrew Tapp and I have the distinct honor and pleasure of being the Editor-in-Chief of The Journal for this school year. As those who know me will tell you, I have an unhealthy, and somewhat annoying, obsession with politics and following the news. Most of the time I can be found in Room 400 playing cards or working on newspaper stuff. If I’m not at school, there’s a 90% chance I’m at Chicago’s pizza going to town on a Big Hurt pizza and playing cards with my guys. For anyone curious, I can be bought off with dessert pizza from Chicago’s. #JustSayin The other 10% of the time, I’m at home probably in my bed trying, but failing, to catch up and complete all of my homework for my AP/DC classes. (S. O. S. Please send help!) I’m excited to see what our staff accomplishes this year with our transition to magazine. It’s not going to be easy, but I have the utmost faith in them and their abilities.

Andrew Tapp, Editor-in-Chief

Mar 12, 2018
Faulty alarms increase school awareness (Story/Photo)
Jan 26, 2018
What unites us is stronger than what divides us (Story)
Nov 07, 2017
Lights out: SHS cuts electricity (Photo)
Sep 28, 2017
AP student sleeps and succeeds (Photo)
Sep 12, 2017
Busing issues cause schedule change (Story)
Aug 21, 2017
Don’t nuke it up (Story/Photo)
Apr 20, 2017
‘I won’t be too far away’ (Photo)
Apr 20, 2017
Alumni give $66,000 (Photo)
Mar 19, 2017
News Brief: Mrs. Curl to get makeover (Photo)
Mar 26, 2017
Fading away at the wheel (Photo)
Feb 09, 2017
Unity despite trivial times (Story)
Feb 03, 2017
Worms in the biology lab (Photo)
Jan 23, 2017
Students’ schedules changed without request (Photo)
Dec 14, 2016
SHS students lose credits due to skipping school (Photo)
Dec 12, 2016
Block schedule should be rearranged (Story)
Nov 18, 2016
News Brief: New school board elected (Photo)
Nov 15, 2016
Mapes takes over for Little (Story)
Nov 18, 2016
Third lunch problems (Photo)
Oct 06, 2016
News Brief: Little on medical leave (Story)
Sep 13, 2016
Harambe ‘handled’ by Hillary, leaked email reveals (Story)
Sep 02, 2016
Bomb threat turns out to be false alarm (Story/Photo)
May 25, 2016
Passing of softball coach hits close to home (Story)
May 10, 2016
Trump wins in IN, Republican party on edge (Story)
Apr 26, 2016
Is it fair for non-English speaker to pass ECA in order to graduate? (Photo)
Apr 25, 2016
Teachers aid in AP test preparation (Story/Photo)
Apr 25, 2016
Sophomores in precalculus: harmful or helpful? (Story)
Apr 23, 2016
Cenergy snatches second state title since 2013 (Photo)
Mar 14, 2016
Cease fire in Syria affects SHS students (Story)
Mar 04, 2016
Congressional elections are more important than race for White House (Story)
Feb 26, 2016
The end of Governor Pence’s reign is long overdue (Story)
Feb 25, 2016
Presidential candidates, on your marks (Story)
Feb 25, 2016
Presidential candidates, on your marks (Story)
Feb 25, 2016
Presidential candidates, on your marks (Story)
Feb 25, 2016
Presidential candidates, on your marks (Story)
Feb 12, 2016
Oh, what a Knight: new principal announced (Story)
Feb 03, 2016
YouTube ban lifted: freedoms are weighed (Story/Photo)
Feb 01, 2016
Five things to know about the Iowa caucus (Story)
Jan 22, 2016
Searching for the new face of SHS begins with Bohannon (Story)
Jan 15, 2016
Parking passes have purpose (Photo)
Jan 12, 2016
Middle eastern conflicts cause raise in Indianapolis gas prices (Story)
Dec 15, 2015
Muslims are welcome here (Story)
Dec 07, 2015
Barnes and Noble book fair to benefit SHS library (Story)
Nov 24, 2015
ISIS attack raises questions of fear at SHS (Story)
Nov 05, 2015
SHS refugees travel the distance (Story)
Sep 23, 2015
Keep a close eye on the government (Story)
Sep 09, 2015
Ms. Barbara Brouwer works to ratify sweatpants (Story/Photo)
Sep 08, 2015
Facing reality: acceptance rising (Story)
Sep 08, 2015
No one running is ready to be president (Story)
Aug 14, 2015
Round two of Tuberculosis testing is just protocol (Story)
The student news site of Southport High School