Cards aimed to win on senior night

Mark Carlson

Sophomore Paul Scruggs shoots a floater during the game against Bedford North Lawrence. Scruggs had a career high 36 points during the game.

Justin Ray, Reporter

The SHS boys basketball team will be playing Mooresville this Friday. The game will be played at 7:30 in the Fieldhouse.

The Cards are currently 20-2 and 7-0 in their conference. The Pioneers are currently 18-3 and 5-1 in their conference.

“They play smart and move the basketball,” boys basketball head coach Kyle Simpson said. “It’s just another challenge for us to play.”

It’s an important game and it will get the team ready for the tournament, Simpson says. He still feels as if free throws are still a struggle for SHS. The last game that they played they faced Terre Haute South and they shot at a 66.7 free throw percentage.

This game will  be significant to seniors Malik Bennett, DeMari Davis, and Josh Springer because of it being senior night. Springer felt as though he became a better person at SHS. He will miss the school greatly and he feels that the other seniors will too.

“It’s going to be hard but as long as we go far in the tournament then we will be fine,” Springer said.

SHS is going to need to play smart so that it hopefully all works out, junior Joey Brunk says. He thinks that the main focus is to play as a team.

Following this game SHS will be playing Evansville Reitz on Saturday at 3:30 in the Fieldhouse.