Indiana Sheriff’s Association offers scholarship

Kali Ingels, Reporter

For the students who are committed in the pursuit of an education and career in the law enforcement field, the Indiana Sheriff’s Association Scholarship is one students are encouraged to apply for. The ISA scholarship fund was established for the purpose of the receiving, investing and dispensing of student funds to provide college scholarships to the qualified students who are interested in law enforcement.

Any person who is applying for this scholarship must sign the application form, that can be found in the Guidance office, which gives permission to the committee to obtain information from the authorities of the school that the applicant has attended. The information may include aspects such as a student’s GPA, class rank, curriculum of study, extracurricular activities and or any evaluation that the authorities may be able to relate to the committee.

The qualifications for the ISA Scholarship are as follows: all applicants must be an Indiana resident, all must be committed to pursuing an education and career in law enforcement field at an Indiana college or university, must be a current member of the association, a dependent child or a grandchild of a current member, applicant must enroll as a full time student and must have taken the SAT and/or the ACT.

Each applicant is competing for a $500 ISA scholarship from within their area of the state. The first part of this process must be completed by students, with a signature of a parent or guardian. High school students must supply their transcripts. Then, Part two must be completed by the principle. If a person has received a scholarship in a previous year, they may apply for a renewal for only three successive years.