Off the rack

Junior explores fashion and its personal significance
photo by Morgan Harmon

Walking with passion down the hallways of SHS, junior Devyon Green, showcases his mix of New York and Paris fashion. 

He doesn’t just wear his clothes, he wears them because they help him express who he is and help him find a way to see his true self. 

“I think it just really makes me, me. Out of everyone in the school, I try to stand out the most,” Green said. 

Green’s style first developed when he was just in the eighth grade, he put together a variety of  pieces of clothing and slowly found his style.

Green has always “stood out” from the crowd and this not only has helped him discover who he is but it also has helped him grow as a person and pave the path for his future. 

“It’s just how I feel during that day, it defines me because it’s what I wear on a daily basis and I want people to see what I wear and how I feel when I’m wearing my clothes,” Green said. 

After taking pictures of his friends in photography class, Green noticed their unique fashion style and designed an Instagram magazine.

In the magazine, he features pictures of his fellow classmates and edits them hoping to receive recognition and become more known. 

As he continues his journey in finding his fashion, his friend Rihanna Fields has been on his side since the 4th grade. 

“Devyon Green definitely dresses how he feels, I feel like if there’s one person you want fashion advice from you go to him,” said Fields. 

As Green continues his journey in fashion, he hopes in the future for his style to grow and to become a model.