Two-sport athlete transfers to SHS

Junior+Sergiey+Slaughter+attempts+to+shed+a+receivers+block.++Slaughter+transferred+from+Triton+Central+High+School+to+SHS.+

Monica Dile

Junior Sergiey Slaughter attempts to shed a receiver’s block. Slaughter transferred from Triton Central High School to SHS.

Last year, 6’6” Junior Sergiey Slaughter broke the scoring record for the basketball team at Triton Central High School. The record was 44 points and he put up 48 to break it.  Now, he’s come to the south side to show off his skills.

Slaughter went to Triton for two years. In those couple years, he has accomplished many things. He was on varsity his freshman and sophomore year for the basketball team. He was a MVP, Shelbyville county all star, first team all conference, and lead Shelbyville county in scoring. Slaughter averaged 13.8 points per game and 5 rebounds. Not only was Slaughter a basketball sensation, but a defensive leader for the football team. He accumulated a total of 45 tackles and 33 solo tackles.

“Football here is taken more seriously. People here are more experienced,” Slaughter said.

Slaughter was born in Ukraine. He was adopted at the age of 2 by the Slaughter family. One of his adopted family members is a teacher here at SHS, Mr. Kenneth Slaughter. Slaughter’s brother told him that SHS was a great school and come aboard.

Slaughter says his time here at SHS been good so far. “I’m surrounded by great people here,” said Slaughter.

He also said he’s looking forward to a great football and basketball season.