Lady Cards in unfamiliar territory for the first round of county

Junior+Emma+DeHart+dribbles+the+ball+down+the+baseline.+DeHart+scored+25+points+against+Avon+High+School.+

Monica Dile

Junior Emma DeHart dribbles the ball down the baseline. DeHart scored 25 points against Avon High School.

Monica Dile, Reporter

The SHS girl’s basketball team beat Bloomington North High School (1-6) last Friday, 78-35. Now, the Lady Cards go into the first round of county tomorrow night against Lutheran High School (2-5). The Lady Cards have not played Lutheran in the past. Assistant varsity coach Greg Burton hopes good things will happen tomorrow night.

“We have quite a bit of film on Lutheran, so hopefully we can play well enough to get past them,” Burton said.

Burton says him and the rest of the coaching staff usually go out and scout the teams the girls will play next, but with a hectic schedule, they did not scout Lutheran. He says they have plenty of film on them to know what the team needs to do. Some of the keys tomorrow night going into the first round of county is to play smart, play their style of basketball, and if they do things correctly, the Lady Cards will have the possibility of playing Ben Davis High School in the second round of county on Thurs. Dec. 10th at 7 p.m..

Senior Desiree Kinney says the team has improved a lot from last season, and she thinks the Lady Cards will get the win over Lutheran tomorrow night.