SHS falls in double header

Michael Long

Michael Long

Michael Long, Sports editor

In the spring of 2016, the SHS varsity baseball team finished with a record of 3-19. This year, they started off with a winning record of 4-2, but then took a step back on April 15th when they lost two games to Decatur Central.

In the first game of the double header, the Cards were shut down by Decatur’s pitcher who threw a one-hit game. By the end of seven innings, Decatur had scored seven and the Cards were left scoreless.

“Their pitcher threw a heck of a game,” sophomore Jack Vanover said. “It didn’t help that we just weren’t seeing the ball.”

The second game the Cards came out stronger and scored three runs in the first inning to Decatur’s one. They maintained their 3-1 lead until the fifth inning when Decatur scored two runs to tie up the game.

The score stayed tied and went all the way into the ninth inning when Decatur scored four runs and SHS fell short and only scored two off of hits by Vanover and sophomore Avery Short.

“They strung together a few more plays than we did,” said assistant coach Brent Bockelman.

About the Writer
Michael Long, Sports editor
So, I don’t know what you’re doing in the staff section of The Journal Rewired. Nor do I know what you’re doing reading my bio. You should be reading all the great content we produce, but while you’re here, I might as well brief you about myself. My name is Michael Long and this is...