Junior wins engineering award

Robotics sponsor, Mark Snodgrass, nominates Anthony Borho for being a valuable student

Photo contributed by Anthony Borho

Junior Anthony Borho accepts the award on Thursday, Feb 8.

Tabby Fitzgerald, Reporter

After receiving an email from Engineering teacher Mark Snodgrass, an oblivious junior Anthony Borho found out that he was nominated for the CTE (Career Technical Education) award. Borho then had to write and submit an essay in order to win the award.

After winning the award, Borho had to go to the Court Office Building downtown Indy on Thursday, Feb. 8, 2018 for the award ceremony.

“Considering that I had no idea what it was until I got nominated, I feel not to bad,” Borho said. “It’s something I can add to my resume and all that kind of stuff, help me get into colleges and get jobs.”

One teacher from each school in District 37, C9 and all schools that feed into C9, can nominate one student and one company for the award. Snodgrass says he nominated Borho because he has played a key role in the robotics program by helping not only the engineering side, but also the business side of things.

Snodgrass also nominated Renaissance Electronics because they sponsored the robotics team with a $10,000 sponsorship and have given them professional programmers and mentors to help with the business department. Renaissance Electronics also won the award. Both won the award because of the impact they’ve had on the robotics team.

“He’s gone above and beyond this year by becoming the engineering captain as a junior,” Snodgrass said. “…. He (is) the best I have right now.”