Cards notch sixth win over Evansville Central

Junior+Brian+Miller+runs+on+the+court+during+the+announcement+of+the+starting+line-up+on+Feb.+10.+Miller+scored+17+points+against+Evansville+Central.+
Junior Brian Miller runs on the court during the announcement of the starting line-up on Feb. 10. Miller scored 17 points against Evansville Central.

Madelyn Knight

Madelyn Knight

Logan Zrebiec, Reporter

On Feb. 10, the SHS Cards tipped-off against the Evansville Central Bears. The Cards ended up defeating the Bears 72-55.

It was a slow first half for both teams. The Cards only had 26 points heading into halftime, and  the Bears only had 23. The Cards ended up scoring 46 points in the second half where they scored 23 points in both the third and fourth quarter.

Head coach Kyle Simpson said that during halftime he “got on them a little bit,” due to their performance during the first half. “We did some good things. It was just disappointing that we didn’t bring the effort we should have. They responded.”

The Cards ended up having four players with double-digit points. Junior Chaz Hinds led with 18, sophomore Brevin Jefferson and junior Brian Miller both had 17 points each and junior Eddie Schott ended up with 10 points.

“I felt pretty good going into the game,” Miller said. “I started off pretty slow but I got it together.”

The Cards will be on the road for their match up which is this Friday, February 16 at 7:30 p.m. at Terre Haute South.