Booster club offers scholarships

Grace Iang, Reporter

The SHS Adult Athletic Booster Club Scholarship is a scholarship for one male and one female senior who are currently attending SHS. The seniors have to fit within the requirements for the scholarship which is to be either an athlete, a trainer or a manager for any sport at SHS for all four years of their high school career. The scholarship will be 1,000 dollars for each two recipients. In order to be able to receive the scholarship, recipients must attend an institute of higher education after graduation such as a college or university. Each of the recipients must have a grade point average of 3.0 or better, good attendance, good sportsmanship, a positive attitude, team participation and have never received a code of conduct for all four years of high school at SHS. When they are applying, all of the applicants must complete a 500-word essay on the pre selected topic, “What my SHS athletic experience has meant to me.” The deadline for the scholarship will be on March 27, 2015. The students who are currently receiving a full ride scholarship from an institute of higher level, including college and universities, are not eligible for the SHS Athletic Booster Club Scholarship. Both of the winners of the scholarships will be selected this April during the upcoming meeting of the SHS Adult Athletic Booster Club board. Seniors, who are interested in applying for the scholarship, should talk to either their guidance counselor or a representative from the athletic department for more information.