Reversing the clock

Reversing the clock

Aging should be seen as a part of life

Aging is something that happens to all of us. Yet modern culture is starting to have a negative impact on how we view aging. Starting from as far back as the 80’s, big beauty industries have claimed to sell products that “restore your beauty.” 

This hurts all people young and old. Young people develop a fear of losing their beauty subsequently harming their self esteem. While older people are made to believe that their beauty is lost.

Shutting down this idea is essential, as everyone gets old. How we view older people of today is the example we are setting for future people when we get old. With many movements about people embracing who they are no matter the differences, we are skipping over this issue because it simply doesn’t apply to us. 

Some popular products commonly seen used by people to rid themselves of their wrinkles are things like hyaluronic acid and UV sticks. And while self care is important, and these products can be good for the skin, you have to ask why people are using them. Because if it’s to never have wrinkles or age spots, then that’s a losing battle because everyone ages and gets wrinkles.

Instead of trying to prevent things that come with age, we should embrace them. In order to move forward as a society, we have to embrace all of the natural things in life, and stop creating unachievable standards on what age has to look like to be considered “beautiful.” 

It’s hurtful to see people who are entering late adulthood be insecure about their wrinkles, eyebags and natural things that come with age. People spend all their teen years trying to fight insecurities about being themselves. We don’t need that to carry on into our late lives.

Everyone can be beautiful at any age, wrinkles and all. Accept yourself at every stage of your life, Because no matter which acid you put on your face, you can’t reverse the clock.