Moving Cities

Assistant Varsity coach, Former basketball coach of Lake Forest college, new plato lab teacher Kyle Taber is now a first year teacher here at SHS. Taber came from coaching basketball at Lake Forest college in Chicago, for five years. He explained the transition of becoming a teacher and a high school coach is huge.

“It’s only been a month, but I like the people here a lot, so it has been a pretty different transition,” Taber said.

Taber explained that he feels pretty at home here at SHS. He enjoys the feel of being in a school but more on top of things now that he is the teacher. Taber says even though he is a teacher helping coach basketball is still something he gets to do and is a lot of fun for him. Since the team just started workouts Taber is still getting to know them but is very excited for the season.

“Working with high school kids is definitely a difference to college kids, it’s going to be different seeing them as a freshman in high school to a senior in college,” Taber said. “It’s going to be a lot bigger of a transition than a freshman in college to a senior in college.”

Taber explains that he likes impacting these students lives or the idea that he is molding them to their future selves. He is very excited to continue his first year here at SHS and is very enthusiastic about watching is new students grow.