New year, new perspective

Seniors give advice to underclassmen to start the new year off right

As the new year starts to roll in and settle down, seniors reflect on advice that they’ve picked up during their time here and share it with anyone needing a change.

Lydia Wisdom

What advice would you give to underclassmen going into the second semester?

Try not to procrastinate, and just be prepared for your finals. Do your best to just pass everything and get through it.”

Are there any good habits that you picked up during your years that underclassmen could stick to this new year?

“I try to do most of my work as soon as I get it, like as soon as it’s assigned. I also write down everything. Sometimes it’s on my phone or sometimes I use a physical planner. Just stay organized.”

Is there anything that you would advise underclassmen to not do?

“Just because your teacher takes late work doesn’t mean that you should turn it in late because it just piles up quickly.”

For freshmen, what advice would you give to students in their first year of high school?

“It will get better after freshman year, and it gets more fun. If it kinda sucks now, just hang on. You’ll be able to take more fun classes because your schedule will free up. Your friends will start driving, so you’ll be able to do more things.”

Katie Osborne

“It may feel like your grades stop mattering after winter break, but they do. Also, keeping people close to you is good for you. The people that just care about you are the people that you want to make sure you surround yourself with.”

“Talk to your teachers. Go to iPass. Email them. If you keep them in the loop, they’re going to keep you in good hands.”

“Just do your work. It’s so easy to be like ‘Oh, it’s second semester.’ Colleges care.”

“Talk to people. People are the biggest part of high school.”

Giovanna Freeman

“Don’t be stressed over the size of the school.”

“I would always pick a route to go to my class. So I would get there faster, and I would just take it everyday.”

“Don’t stand in the middle of the hallway.”

“Always focus on your classes. Try to stay on track as much as possible because if you get behind, it’s really hard to catch up.”