Motivational beginings

New lunch guy, Brandon Luzier, aspires to become a motivational speaker
Darcy Leber
Luzier gets a feel for the stage at SHS. He feels it’s better to practice, even though the words will always flow beautifully no matter what.

As behavioral interventionist Brandon Luzier picks up the microphone in the lunchroom, he begins to think of the stage. The spotlight is on him, and he realizes he’s changing the lives of the people sitting in front of him.
Luzier is a brand new face in the student services office this year. Students may have seen him last year, where he student taught in the social studies hallway, but this year, he plays a big part in the front office.
“We witnessed him last year while he was here, and we knew we had something special,” Assistant Principal Herrick Booke explained. “When you find someone like that, we knew we couldn’t just have him be some regular teacher.”
As the start to the school year approached, SHS was looking for someone to run the cafeteria during lunch. The plan was to stick to the regular course of action: using a sports coach with nothing to do, but Luzier stepped in and asked for the position.
“I laughed, and there was a pause, and I said ‘Oh you’re serious …, ‘“ Assistant Principal Pat Whiner said. “That might be a little low for someone like you.”
But Luzier pushed on and laid out his argument. He made it known what he really wanted to do with his life. He aspires to be a motivational speaker, helping the everyday troubled person through the wisdom he shares.
He is using the lunch periods to gain experience and tighten his material. Luzier understands that in order to get to the proficiency acceptable for modern-day speakers, he needs to use every moment possible to exercise his life changing abilities.
Students recently have of his talent during their lunch period.
“I have unassigned, and I purposely stay in the lunchroom just so I can hear him talk,” senior Eric Lawson said.
Sophomore Bella Gould says her favorite time of the day is when her conversation is interrupted by Mr. Luzier over the loudspeakers.
“Even though it’s my only break in the long school day, I love not being able to hold a conversation,” Gould said with a smile. “His words of wisdom are so much more powerful than any fun I could ever have.” Luzier is gaining speed quickly in his prospective line of work. The school has even approved talent scouts and talent managers to come sit in on lunches so they can get a feel of Luzier. But, he has made it clear that even if he does get an offer from one of the scouts, he plans on finishing the school year out.
Luzier sees his job at the school as the utmost importance in the low part of his career. Students will soon be able to say they knew the famous Brandon Luzier back when he worked at their school.
“We know this is just a starting point on what will be a great career,” Booke said. “Having someone this full of talent at our school is so profound and may never happen again. So, we should really soak up his presence while we get him.”