The student online newsmagazine of SHS

The student online newsmagazine of SHS

The student online newsmagazine of SHS

Emma Herwehe

Emma Herwehe, Content Managing Editor

Hi! My name is Emma Herwehe, and I am a senior at SHS. This is my third year on staff with The Journal. I am the Content Managing Editor this year. I am so excited for my final year on The Journal! Some things you should know about me: I am captain of the Southport Dance Team, I’m a member of National Honor Society, and I am on the Morale committee for Riley Dance Marathon. In my free time, I love binging and rewatching my favorite shows, such as “Friends,” “Schitt’s Creek,” “The Office” and “Parks and Recreation.” I am also not ashamed to admit my love for “The Bachelor” franchise, so I’d advise you to stay away from my Twitter during the months that it’s airing. I’m a cat person, my favorite dessert is ice cream, I’m on social media all the time (I have a slight TikTok obsession), and I have a mild caffeine addiction. If you catch me with my AirPods in, I’m most likely listening to Harry Styles, who has been my number one guy for as long as I can remember. My favorite book is All the Bright Places, and yes, the book is better. When I am not hanging around Room 400, I am most likely hanging out with my best friend, enjoying an iced vanilla latte at The Mocha Nut Coffee Shop, camping with my family or watching the live action “Aladdin” movie for the thousandth time. One more thing you should know about me: I’m an Enneagram three! Learning about all of the types is my new obsession, so feel free to tell me yours! I am so thankful for everything God has given me and done for me.

To keep up with my stories and many others follow me @EHERWEHEJRNL on Twitter.

All content by Emma Herwehe
Students support their teachers by protesting at the Red for Ed rally on Nov. 19. Around 40 SHS teachers attended the rally that day.

[Photo] Running red

December 19, 2019
SHS teachers, along with educators from across the state, march around the Statehouse. The march was the second half of the rally, following live music and speeches.

Red for Ed

Emma Herwehe
December 14, 2019
Back on the grind

Back on the grind

Emma Herwehe, News Editor
August 30, 2019
Senior Sierra Perkins is the president of the Pride Alliance Club. She joined the club in the middle of her sophomore year.

[Photo] No ‘G’ word

Tanny Khun, Reporter
August 20, 2019
Passion and purpose

Passion and purpose

Emma Herwehe, Reporter
May 17, 2019
Open for discussion

Open for discussion

Emma Herwehe, Reporter
March 15, 2019
Everybody wins?

Everybody wins?

Emma Herwehe, Reporter
March 14, 2019
Flunked

Flunked

Emma Herwehe
January 16, 2019
Senior John Cheerity mourns the Christmas past in the main hallway on Dec. 18.

Ho, Ho, HOAX

Emma Herwehe, Reporter
December 19, 2018
Many students at SHS are receiving tardies, and administration is using a more intense disciplinary system in order to combat this.

Tardies galore

Emma Herwehe
September 30, 2018
Various doors at SHS have been found propped open by pencils. This raises questions about school safety, administration says.

Pencil problems

Emma Herwehe, Reporter
September 13, 2018
Load More Stories

Comments (0)

All The Journal Rewired Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest